What’s the next piece
Originally posted 3-9-15
If you are like me I have a tendency to plan every thing out in advance, then back my way into something. Before I can do this I need that, or I can’t do that because I need __ first. Sometimes God doesn’t tell us what the next step is we just have to move forward with what we know and trust him to bring us what we need when we need it.
Creativity can be the same way, but I always want to see the finished product first I want to know what I’m doing. But sometimes I just need to start writing or painting or doodling, to get the juices flowing. So what’s holding you up, do you have writers block, painters block, don’t know what to make next? Here’s a few tips on what I do.
- Listen to something you don’t normally listen to. A different type of music, a different speaker, and different radio channel.
- Try something different, eat a different meal, drive a different way to work or school, read a different book.
- Whatever you are making try it in a different color write with a different pen, paint with blue instead of red, yellow instead of green.
- Walk away. Put it down and go do something else and then come back and look at it with fresh eyes.
- Explore, check out what others are doing, see what’s working for others. Don’t plagiarize but use them as a spring board for your own creativity.
That’s just a few tips to help you get moving the next step will come, that next idea, next product or next great thing. Just explore and trust it will be there when you need it.
Until next week
Leave a Reply